Written by Sammy Jacobs (@Hoosier_Huddle)
Spring Practice Day Four Notables
The Indiana Hoosiers enter spring break on a high note as they wrapped up their first full-padded practice (fourth overall). While Hoosier Huddle was not at the practice, IUHoosiers.com talked to head coach Tom Allen about how he feels after the first four practices.
· The Hoosiers were in full pads Thursday for the first time.
· “Lot of live go's, had some real scrimmage situations to work through and got a lot of guys getting lots of good reps.”---Allen
Coach Allen Quotes
· On How practice four went: “I thought good improvement each day, learning a new offensive system, trying to tweak some things defensively to make us better. Just love the effort. The effort and the energy has been really good."
· On what he has seen from the linebackers: “A lot of experience. It's young experience, but it is guys who played a lot of snaps last year. Micah McFadden, I think showed up today. James Miller, a young guy, showed up today, flashed and did some really good things. Both real physical guys that finished tackles. I think as a whole group with Marcelino Ball at the husky spot on the outside, Cam Jones moving him around a little bit. Those guys kind of make that group up and it's going to be a special one."
· On what he has seen from the running backs: "Highly competitive in that room. Stevie Scott is obviously coming off a big year, but that is in the past. He's had a chance to learn from that and grow. The mindset he has and the rest of those guys have in that room is going to be critical. I think the guys run extremely hard and they are just learning to be a Big Ten guy every single day."
· On what he expects from his team going forward: "Bottom line is we have to get a little better every single day, technique, fundamentals. That's our focus. We want to make sure we are sticking to the goals of spring ball. It's a great mindset builder. We went earlier this morning trying to build that mental toughness in our guys and be able to handle any situation thrown at them and be able to get better and improve and be a very, very physical football team."
·Mentioned: Tom Allen, James Miller, Micah McFadden, Marcelino Ball, Cam Jones, Stevie Scott