Written By Sammy Jacobs (@Hoosier_Huddle)
The Indiana Hoosiers open the 2014 campaign at high noon Saturday against in-state foe Indiana State at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, Indiana. To get the Hoosier and Sycamore fan bases excited for the sixth all-time match up here are some significant numbers heading into the showdown in B-Town.
- 2014 will be the 130th year of football at Indiana University and the 110th for the Indiana State Sycamores
- The Hoosiers are 5-0 all-time vs. Indiana State
- IU is 37-17 all-time in season openers at Memorial Stadium and 2-1 in the Kevin Wilson Era.
- The Hoosiers finished 2013 with a 5-7 record, the Sycamores ended 2013 1-11.
- Indiana returns 18 starters from 2013, eight on offense, nine on defense, and one specialist. The Sycamores return 17 starts from a year ago, six on offense, 10 on defense, and one specialist.
- In 2013 the Hoosiers averaged 6.3 plays in 1:54 while covering 61.5 yards on its 70 scoring drives.
- Indiana ran one play every 20.3 seconds, the fifth fastest in the nation.